A friend posted this on Facebook, and the response was fascinating.
You know all of those things that EVERYONE LIKES, and you don't, but you pretend to, so as to go along with the masses? Even though, deep inside, they make you cringe? Yeah, those things. Share them with me. I'll start with my list, which is actually probably pretty long. How many of mine do you agree with? How many make you want to swear at me that I'm DEAD WRONG?
- The Rolling Stones are overrated.
- There is probably no way you can prepare cauliflower that will make me like it.
- Or beets. Nope.
- I don't like the new versions of musicals done on TV, like The Sound of Music. Not right, never gonna be right - and I'm deeply afraid of what Hairspray will look like this fall.
- There is not a coleslaw out there that I like. Even yours. Yup, I've tried that version too.
- Dolly Parton can sing the socks off Adele.
- Nina Simone should be more well known.
- Fleetwood Mac is more popular than they should be.
- Same for Coldplay.
- Ryan Gosling who is not as good looking as every other woman in the world thinks.
- I don't like The Smiths or Morrissey or The Beatles or Bob Marley or, oh my God, Bob Dylan.
- Leonardo Dicaprio isn't the actor he thinks he is.
- Beer is disgusting.
- I do not care for cats. Or dogs. And if you let your dog kiss you on your mouth, get away from me with your mouth.
- I don't like poetry, expect for some Maya Angelou. The rest, no.
- Cannolis are disgusting.
- No scary movies. No gory movies. Basically, I like musicals, and love stories, and good, interesting, intriguing stories - anything that stoops to blood and gore can get out of here.
- I have tried to read Jane Austen 1 million times, but I can't do it. I love the movies of Pride and Prejudice, Emma, etc - but the books leave me cold.
- Starbucks is pretentious and you can get much better coffee at a local coffee house, OR make your own.
- I think marijuana should be legal in every state.
- Flowers are a way to separate you from your money.
- Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day = made up holidays designed to make you feel guilty and spend money you probably don't have. I'll give a pass to St. Patrick's Day - another made up holiday, but, hey, any holiday that let's us all drink is all right by me.
- I don't like sushi.
- Reading to little kids makes me squirrely.
Your turn. :)