Things I've learned this week
In no particular order:
- Goof proof paint has never met me.
- When bleaching the sink, never wear a brand new black shirt.
- Pink "Strawberry Shortcake" toothpaste does NOT come out of beige carpet.
- When a 2 year old is too quiet, the first place I should check is the top bunks.
- I should have told my son not to put foil in the microwave before this week.
- The Secret of Roan Inish is the best family movie that we have ever watched.
- I did 23 loads of wash this week. Three loads of diapers. Did dishes 21 times, with 22 loads in the dishwasher. I still have dirty laundry in the baskets, and stray cups around the house. I went grocery shopping twice, and yet we are still out of certain things, and low on others. And the diaper pail is full again.
- I stink at reading my book club books.
- The Redskins are looking better, now that Joe Gibbs is back. But will it be enough?
- I have to show my kids exactly what I mean each and every time, and never ever assume that they know what I want them to do.
- The reason that the baby was such a poor sleeper over the summer was noise. now that it's quiet in the daytime, she sleeps much better. (major sacrifices being made!)
- I'm not getting enough time to myself, but I can see a way to improve that.
- I look better to other people than I do to myself.
- Paper should be a food group for 8 month old children.