Many, many thanks for your kind words on my Black Belt graduation. It doesn't even seem real that I did it, and I was so busy with the kids backstage - I was in charge of the 13 kids, getting them in groups on onstage and such - that I had zero time to think about what I was doing. Which, in retrospect, was a very good thing indeed. I did make one mistake and the instructor holding pads for me made one, so we called it even and laughed about it. It took me 5 years to get to this point, and it's really weird to think the goal has been reached.
It's no secret that I'm a Pinterest addict.
I love me some Pinterest. Whenever I'm bored, or out of stuff to do,(oh, hahahaha - me so funny!) I browse the Pinterest boards. I do see a lot of stuff there that I enjoy, and it occurred to me to blog them, so you all could maybe see some things from Pinterest that, you know, actually worked. I don't know about you, but I DESPISE looking at something, trying it out, and then realizing that it just didn't work. I pin lots of inspirational stuff - and lots of sarcasm too, let's be honest - but here are some of my recent As Seen on Pinterest attempts and the results.
- Peppermint Marshmallows -I made these with my kids - well, I let the girls coat them in sugar, anyway - and they are delicious, especially on hot cocoa. I stacked ten in a Mason jar for tons of presents.
- Truffle Hot Chocolate Balls -these things are stupid good. I've taken to making one in the morning and brewing super strong coffee and mixing the two for the best.mocha.EVER. Paired with the above marshmallows, they are Christmas gifts this year.
- Brisket Tacos - dinner tonight - I sampled a piece (I cooked it yesterday and put it in the fridge to marry the flavors a bit more) and this was slap your mama delicious.
- Chicken Rollups - The only thing I'd do differently is double the sauce - I used 2 cans of crescent rolls and it was a bit dry. But the flavor was awesome.
- Ring - I have NOT bought this ring yet, but I love it so, so much. It's on my radar as soon as I have the extra funds. LOVE.
- Yarn Crochet Headband - On it's way to me. I'm not a hat gal, although I do have one I like - but this, I think I can do.
- Balsamic Pork Tenderloin - I'm not a pork fan, but delicious.
- Christmas Gift Tags - on most of my presents under the tree RIGHT NOW.
- RACKing - I've been doing this. It's a ton of fun and makes other people ridiculously happy, 'Nuff said. :)
- Linen Dress - Caveat: I have not bought this, but I crave it. Heavily. My only problem is that, typically, a dress of this design doesn't fit me correctly, as I need extra room from the neckline to the top of the waist - that's what big boobs will do to you. Doesn't stop me from panting after it, though.
- Benefit Play Sticks - BEST.MAKEUP.EVER. That is all.