This is not the 50 Shades of Grey post.
Rather, it's a reflection on the list recently released into the Interwebs that listed Fifty Things that everyone should know how to do. I tallied them up - I can do 36 of the list. Some of them very well - I can jump start a car very well - my dad taught me to do that.
Oh. My dad has been visiting me. He's leaving tomorrow. I'm in the midst of a couple of pretty intense weeks with three trips and three sets of visiting relatives.
I can also:
- Hold a baby - duh
- Remove a stain - again, duh
- Sew a Button on to Clothing
- Navigate with a Map - the compass part, not so much
- Flirt - yes, I can do this one.
- Smile for the Camera
- Do Push Ups and Sit Ups properly
- Handle a Hammer, Axe or Saw
- Parallel park - I once parallel parked my 15 passenger van in New York City - oh, yes, I did
- Select Good Produce
- Give Driving Directions - I ROCK at this
- Speed Read
- Do Basic Cooking
- Drive a Manual Transmission
- Operate a Computer
- Use Google
- Build a Fire
The areas in which I am deficient - note that I'm only talking about the areas on this list, and not my entire life:
- Recite Basic Geography - I'm none so good at this.
- Paint a Room - I can do it, but not as neatly as my husband would like
- Speak at Least Two Languages
- Travel Light - because, no, just no
Things I can do but not well:
- Create a Budget
- Handle the Police
- Win or Avoid a Fistfight
- Perform the Heimlich and CPR
- Tell a Story that Captivates Peoples Attention
- Deliver Bad News
- Handle a Job Interview
- Manage Time
What about you??