So, Frankenstorm 2012.
No idea what I'm talking about? Click that link.
If you live on the East Coast, from NC to NY - it's time to get yourself in order. We've got a bumpy couple of days ahead of us.
Here are the things we've done to prepare:
- bought gas for the generator - key to keeping the fridge going and the coffeemaker and the phones charged
- filled the extra propane tank
- downloaded new books for every reading device I have
- as well as set out some books to read that are paper
- bought the requiste bread/milk/food stuffs that can be eaten without prep
- we already had water
- filled car gas tanks
- picked up the entire yard and secured it all
- taken pics of the outside of the house - just in case, for insurance purposes
- located batteries/flashlights/candles and matches
- found the French press - AND lots of preground coffee - in case I can't use the Keurig
I've cooked a lot. Made bread, 2 kinds of cookies, extra dinners that can be reheated. I still need to refill one of my son's medications, just in case we lose power and so does the pharmacy.
We have plenty of booze.
Everyone is going to shower/hair wash tonight - mostly because that's what I have the shorties do on Saturday night - but also just in case. All of the laundry is done, and I'll make sure everything in vacuumed tonight.
What? I don't like dirty carpets. Everyone has something they do before storms - some of which might make you shake your heads - mine is vacuuming.
Once, we had a storm hit us in a similar fashion, and we lost power for 6 days. It was August, and I was pregnant, and it was a bad scenario. I'm thinking that we will probably lose power for a while - but at least it's not August and I'm not pregnant.
Are you in an affected area? What steps have you done to get yourself prepared?
Stay safe, y'all. I'll update as I can.
I'm taking on the Walgreens Balance Rewards program - check it out and follow along!