I dreamed last night that I was a marriage counselor.
Those of you who know me in real life can commence to laugh now.
In my dream, I was in charge of ten couples (maybe 12?) and we did a fun "How well do you know your spouse?" game. I asked ten questions - and they were great ones, too, from what I can remember - and then the couples had to share their answers and discuss them.
In the beginning of the class, I told each couple, "Look into the eyes of your partner. Now, close your eyes, breathe deeply twice, and open your eyes again. Look straight into your partner's eyes, and promise to each other that you won't argue after sharing your answers."
Everyone laughed, but it's kind of true. At least it was in my dream.
So, here are the questions - I woke up right at the end of the dream and grabbed for pen and paper, so I remembered them - and I thought it'd be fun if you asked your spouse - at the very least, it might give you dinner conversation - and may start your own blog post!
- How does your partner feel about wearing socks? (Don't judge - it was a dream, ok?)
- What is the furthest that your partner has ever traveled?
- How does your partner feel about your mother?
- How does your mother feel about your partner?
- What is the nicest thing your partner has ever done for you?
- What is the nicest thing you have ever done for your partner? (Were your answers the same?)
- If money were no object, where would your partner travel?
- Where would you travel?
- What was your partner's reputation in high school?
And I cannot for the life of me remember number 10, so if you were working as a marriage counselor (don't laugh!) and you wanted to give your clients a slate of "get to know you!" questions - what is one that you would ask?