So, because I'm watching sooo much more tv than typical - read, ever - I was on the sofa watching the Today show when the Academy Award Nominees were announced. I've seen exactly one of the movies - American Hustle - and want to see a couple of the others - 12 Years a Slave, Capt. Phillips, Philomena - and have a couple more on my list that weren't even nominated - August, Osage County, The Butler, Saving Mr. Banks.
I really, really did not like American Hustle. And why wasn't Catching Fire nominated for anything at all?
Which totally got me thinking, in a spiral fashion kind of way - what movies have had an enormous buzz, a great following, a fantastic award given to them - and you just.did.not.get.it.at.all?
- Inception - I tried three times and felt cheated by all of the drugs I didn't get to be watching something this so very jacked up
- Avatar - my husband and older kids loved this - it was just weird to me
- Bridesmaids - Poop Humor runs me flat off
- Forrest Gump - One of my daughter's favorites, I was never able to get into this - and I've tried a bunch of times
- Elf - which my kids LOVE and I just find so, so annoying and obnoxious
- Anything that stars Vince Vaughn - he's one of the most annoying actors ever and if he's in a movie, I can virtually guarantee that I'll hate it
So. Tell me how I'm wrong on any of all of those movies, and what movies you've seen and don't get why everyone loves them and/or why they were nominated for an award of any type - and did you see American Hustle - and did you want to walk out like I did?