Or, What I Have Learned About Myself
- I always need music around me. Depending upon the mood du jour, it might be opera, orchestral, bluesy folk rock, Led Zeppelin, or Pitbull.
- When I am wrong about something, I am wrong with authority. Translation - I always think I'm right, and will go down in flames to be correct.
- My kids are much smarter than I am. They can read music, speak other languages, compute math problems that make my eyes cross. But I am still the Mom and can whoop your butt. Also - see above.
- I am super stubborn.
- And very dramatic. I think life needs more Jazz Hands in general.
- I love cars. I love driving fast. I am constantly stymied by driving with kids in the car.
- In particular, I love OLD CARS. And FAST CARS. :)
- I talk. All the time, all the time. My poor husband probably works as many hours as he does so he can catch a break of quiet. Sometimes, I am in convo with him, and his eyes just slowly glaze over. I often feel very sorry for him.
- Oh, my God, am I a sarcastic person.
- I love to cook. Truly, I find it relaxing.
- I'm fussy about my food, and I want it to taste a certain way. So I'm glad that I like to cook. It makes things easier. :)
- I love to eat. So it's good that I'm fussy and like to cook, right?
- I really enjoy certain forms of exercise, dance being my most primary favorite. I'm always secretly surprised at the number of people who are stunned that I was a ballet dancer for many years and still take class to relax - if you ever doubt that, look at my feet. I've got a wicked set of bunions that are starting to give me trouble. I also really, really love boxing - and my twice a week Core class is a try not to miss.
- I am somewhat lazy. It's tough to motivate me to exercise, so I have to have fun
- So, given that I love food and cooking + eating + drinking (I'm being HONEST here, Mom and Dad) - I'm not nearly as thin as a person who exercises as much as I do could be. Whatever. I have to be at peace with that.
- I crave sleep and need to get more. I used to be able to stay up late, but now I need to be scheduled and consistent with sleep. Much like a 2 year old.
- I think I probably have more than a touch of ADHD. I'm kinda like a German Shepherd.
- I am a super nice person. I'll do anything for just about anyone, and will make you treats, bring you cookies or coffee, drive your kids, pick up your laundry, bring you lunch or do any favor you need. But. Snap at me and I bite back.
Any of that surprising?
What have you learned about yourself?