So, it's been a few days since I've been here. So sorry about that. I'm feeling, right now, like my body is betraying me. I went on a trip and was felled by a massive, horrendous, pukefest of a migraine. I flew back and went to Muay Thai class, and right in the middle, I felt my calf muscle cramp. And cramp, and cramp some more. I limped off the mat and sat to the side, where I stretched. And stretched and stretched some more.
It's the next day now, and I can STILL feel the damned thing. It's a gigantic lump in my leg and I've been rolling it out for an hour. DEPART, CRAMP OF THE DEVIL. DEPART, I SAY!
I attribute both the migraine and the cramp to a few errors in my diet.
- Not drinking enough water. I am usually VERY hydrated, but I had a ton of stress the day of my flight, and then the flight was delayed five hours and I didn't drink because I didn't want to have to pee on the flight.
- Not eating well. I flew with very little money - my debit card had been frozen that day (details over at Mom to the Screaming Masses) and I was afraid to spend all my money on one meal.
- Eating the wrong (i.e. no protein, high carb and fat) foods because they were cheaper
- Not traveling with my usual stash of oatmeal, protein powder, peanut butter and nuts.
- Not eating breakfast the next day.
Of course, if could just be that I'm getting old, and my body is betraying me.
I hope I've learned my lesson and no one up there feels like I need another struggle!